Integrated solution for surface defect detection and photoluminescence technology
The Candela CS920 SiC substrate and epitaxy (epi) wafer surface defect inspection system is designed for power device manufacturers to provide full-surface, high-sensitivity defect inspection and accurate process feedback. This epi wafer surface defect detection system enables the industry to improve SiC substrate quality as well as optimize the epitaxial growth yields for both SiC epi and GaN-on-silicon processes.
The CS920 enables significantly enhanced yield and reduced time-to-root cause by integrating surface defect detection and photoluminescence technology in one inspection platform capable of capturing yield-critical defects including basal plane dislocations and all epi stacking faults.
Defect detection attributes include:
- High-sensitivity epi wafer surface defect inspection including effective separation of front-surface defects such as nanometer-scale scratches and stacking faults on transparent substrate and epitaxial material
- Photoluminescence detection capability captures yield-critical defects including basal plane dislocations and all epi stacking faults
- Classification of critical yield-limiting defects such as epi stacking faults, dislocations, carrots, triangles, submicron pits, etc. using multi-channel detection
- Automated production mode with high throughput, reliability and matching supports high volume manufacturing of power devices
- Yield management method with demonstrated correlation of substrate and epi defects to device properties