This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, www.kla-tencor.com (the “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This policy does not apply to information collected by KLA-Tencor offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by KLA-Tencor or any third party and any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
- That you provide in the “Forms” section of the Website, including but not limited to information regarding your KLA-Tencor tool, parts, service requests, and related comments; and
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information in the two following ways:
- from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information you provide to us on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information submitted through the “Forms” section of the Website or as part of a request for services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including information submitted the “Forms” section of the Website.
- To contact you about KLA-Tencor goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- To gather information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of KLA-Tencor, our customers, or others.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You should take caution while using publicly accessible computers and not share your personal information with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Last modified: October 24, 2013