|Teron SL655||Teron SL650||X5.3||X5.2|
The Teron™ SL655 reticle defect inspection system provides advanced technologies to support IC fabs’ reticle monitoring requirements for the 10nm design node and beyond. With 193nm illumination and STARlightGold™ technology, the Teron SL655 produces the sensitivity required to monitor reticle degradation and detect yield-critical reticle defects, such as haze growth or contamination, on a full range of mask types, including those that utilize highly complicated optical proximity techniques. The Teron SL655 also has industry-leading production throughput, supporting the fast cycle times needed to qualify the increased number of reticles associated with multi-patterning techniques and advanced IC design nodes. Used to assess incoming reticle quality and to re-qualify reticles during production use and after reticle cleaning, the Teron SL655 helps chipmakers protect yield by reducing the risk of printing defective wafers.
- STARlightGold™ technology enables full-field reticle coverage and maximizes detection of defects, such as haze growth or contamination
- 193nm illumination technology and algorithm enhancements produce the best signal-to-noise ratio for capture of yield-critical reticle defects such as on-edge haze and contamination in pattern and open areas
- New hardware and optimized subsystems enable fast throughput, reducing reticle inspection cycle time and cost of ownership for the IC fab
- STARlightMaps™ tracks reticle degradation over time and highlights critical dimension (CD), film thickness, anti-reflective coating and other variations across the reticle that can affect the process window or pattern printing
- STARlightSD™ and STARlightMD™ inspection modes deliver full area coverage on single- and multi-die reticles; preferential defect capture on edges and sidewalls of pattern; and dependable capture of defects in open areas
- Production-proven platform with demonstrated high reliability protects a fab’s capital investment
- EUV-compatible architecture enables collaboration on in-fab EUV reticle inspection requirements
- Upgradeability from the Teron SL655 and extendibility to future design nodes protect a fab’s capital investment
- Linkage to RDC, a reticle data analysis and management system, provides a wide array of capabilities that drive automated defect disposition decisions and improve cycle time
Reticle Re-Qualification: High sensitivity defect inspections are needed for early detection of haze and other progressive defects that occur unpredictably in the fab. Because these defects threaten the yield of every subsequent wafer printed, capturing the reticle defects before they are printed on the wafer is the best means of protecting yield. Once the reticle is cleaned, it is inspected again to re-qualify it for the production line. The Teron SL655 includes STARlightGold™ technology for maximum sensitivity to critical defects with full-field reticle coverage, helping fabs to make accurate decisions regarding reticle quality. In addition to defect inspection, the Teron SL655 can monitor reticle degradation over time using STARlightMaps™ technology. By providing early detection of reticle variations that can affect the pattern printing quality and narrow the process window, STARlightMaps™ helps IC fabs maintain device yield, performance and reliability.
Incoming Quality Check: The Teron SL655 can be used to verify that reticles delivered to the IC fab meet strict quality specifications and to check for defects added to the reticle during shipment. In addition, the Teron SL655 produces the reticle inspection data necessary to benchmark vendors or support a routine quality-control program.
Teron SL650: Reticle inspection system for ≤20nm design node IC technologies.
X5.3 and X5.2: Reticle inspection systems for non-critical reticles or reticle sets for ≥20nm design node IC technologies. The X5.3 and X5.2 reticle inspectors are available as a new system or as a field upgrade to existing TeraFab models.