Data Storage Media/Head Manufacturing
Growth in data storage and management system is being driven by a wave of innovative consumer electronics with small form factors and immense data storage capacities. Our process control equipments and yield management solutions help customers rapidly understand and resolve complex manufacturing problems, resulting in faster time to market and increased product yields. In the front-end and back-end of thin-film head wafer manufacturing, we are the leading provider of the same process control equipment with which we serve the semiconductor industry. We offer an extensive range of process control test equipment and surface profilers with particular strength in photolithography and magnetics control. In substrate and media manufacturing data for process control, we offer metrology and defect inspection systems with KLA-Tencor’s optical surface analyzers and magnetic and optical mappers.
Head and Slider Manufacturing
Thin Film Head Metrology and Inspection
- Puma 91xx Series: Laser-based optical inspection systems
- Aleris Family: Film thickness, refractive index, stress and composition metrology systems for thin dielectric films
- HRP™-250: Automated, stylus-based surface profiler
- Archer™: Overlay registration metrology systems
- P-Series: Benchtop stylus profilers for production applications
- P-17: Offers industry leading measurement repeatability for reliable measurement performance.
- PROLITH: Lithography simulation tool
- K-T Analyzer: Data analysis system for overlay and CD metrology data
In-Situ Process Monitoring
- Thermal MAP: Wireless data acquisition hardware and graphical software for process control, visualization, and analysis
- Thermal TRACK: PC-based PDA supplies real-time process measurements
- SensArray 1530: Instrumented wafer for cold wall, RTP, sputtering, CVD, plasma strippers and epitaxial reactors
- SensArray 1840 Rev A: Instrumented wafers for real-time hot plate temperature measurements
Media and Drive Integration
Transparent and Metal Substrate Inspection Metrology
- Candela 7100: Advanced defect detection and classification of micro-pits, bumps, and particles
- Candela 6xxx Series: Defect inspection and topography measurement systems for substrates and media
Yield Management Control
Manufacturing Data Management for Process Control
See our subsidiary, Air Bearing Technology, for Spindles and Linear Slides, Disk and Wafer Chucks, Air Supply and Motion Controller requirements.