Certified Used Equipment
Guaranteed Performance at Exceptional Value
K-T Certified is KLA-Tencor's asset management program that delivers fully refurbished and tested tools with guaranteed performance at exceptional value. In addition to high-quality pre-owned 300mm and <200mm tools, K-T Certified also offers system software and hardware performance upgrades to extend the capabilities of existing equipment. And, when it’s time for fabs to move to the next manufacturing node, K-T Certified can help turn surplus assets into cash through re-purchase, trade-in, and redeployment services.
- Our stamp of approval: Extensive refurbishment, testing, and certification minimize investment risks, while increasing equipment value.
- Performance upgrades: State-of-the-art hardware and software upgrades maximize and extend the performance of our inspection and metrology tools.
- Fast results: Access to the world’s largest inventory means short lead times and one-stop shopping.
- No surprises: Prompt equipment delivery in the proper configuration—without unexpected costs—enables fabs to quickly meet their production requirements.
- Maximizing asset value: Experts in market valuation and a global sales channel make our remarketing services advantageous for fabs migrating to the next design node.
Make the Most of your Fab’s Installed Tool Base (English)
Make the Most of your Fab’s Installed Tool Base (Japanese)
Make the Most of your Fab’s Installed Tool Base (Chinese)
Archer 300 LCM
The Archer™ 300 LCM is a high performance, low cost-of-ownership overlay metrology system for 2Xnm logic and 1Xnm half-pitch memory devices. Offering high precision, fast measurement speed, and in-field metrology capability, the Archer 300 LCM meets the specifications required to qualify scanners and control high volume manufacturing across multiple technology nodes. Upgradeable from existing Archer metrology tools, the Archer 300 LCM provides cost-effective characterization of overlay error for double patterning and other process technologies.
- Improvements to the optical subsystems produce better overlay measurement specifications relative to the previous-generation Archer 200, including:
- Tighter precision and total measurement uncertainty (TMU)
- Better measurement repeatability
- Faster move-acquire-measure (MAM) time and throughput
- Improved matching
- In-field overlay measurement capability, enabled by the smaller AIMid™ target, helps chipmakers implement high-order scanner corrections to ensure accurate patterning
- Seamless integration with K-T Analyzer™, an advanced overlay analysis system, provides immediate feedback on the quality of the lithography process and real-time data for overlay error corrections
- Connectivity with Recipe Database Manager (RDM), a centralized database of production-proven recipe components, improves fab productivity by reducing setup time and increasing the reliability of measurement recipes
- Upgradeability from the previous-generation Archer 200 and extendibility to other metrology capabilities protect fabs’ capital investments
Double Patterning Technologies: The implementation of double patterning technologies reduces the tolerable overlay error to just a few nanometers at sub-32nm design nodes. The Archer 300 LCM’s improved optical subsystems provide the tighter precision and TMU specifications required to measure overlay error on double-patterning layers. In addition, lithographers can cost-effectively take more measurements across the wafer using the smaller AIMid target and the Archer 300 LCM’s increased measurement speed. This increased measurement sampling enables improved process characterization and better process control for double patterning technologies.
Scanner Qualification: The Archer 300 LCM overlay metrology system provides the high performance overlay measurement capability required to qualify scanners to ensure accurate patterning on 2Xnm design node devices. With fast measurement speed and the use of smaller AIMid targets, the Archer 300 LCM can take more measurements across the wafer, generating the data required to instruct the scanner to make complex, higher-order corrections. These higher-order corrections are required to manage the tighter overlay tolerances encountered at 2Xnm design nodes.
In-line Monitoring: The Archer 300 LCM’s integration with the K-T Analyzer overlay analysis system provides accurate wafer lot disposition, helping lithographers reduce unnecessary wafer rework and the cycle time required to address variations in lithography tool performance.
|283x Series||282x Series||281x Series|
The 283x Series broadband optical inspection tools with PowerBroadband™ technology capture subtle wafer defects and provide better discrimination between defects of interest and nuisance defects. This improved sensitivity to critical defects of interest is achieved at twice the data rate of the 281x predecessor, delivering high productivity broadband optical defect inspection capability for faster resolution of process issues at the 3Xnm and 2Xnm design nodes. The 2830 and 2835 broadband optical inspectors are part of a portfolio of wafer defect inspection tools that accelerate the development and production ramp of memory and logic devices.
- PowerBroadband, an exclusive, high-brightness light source, enables optical modes that deliver increased resolution, contrast and layer penetration control for capture of a broader range of yield-critical defect types
- Optical modes, including Broadband Directional E-Field™, provide improved top-layer discrimination and increased signal-to-noise, resulting in higher DOI capture and fewer nuisance defects
- An improved image computer and PowerBroadband deliver higher productivity broadband optical defect inspection capability compared to the 281x Series, enabling high sensitivity in production, increased sampling for tighter process control, or lower cost of ownership
- Upgradeability from 28xx broadband wafer defect inspection tools provides fabs with a cost-efficient means to extend the performance of their existing broadband optical inspectors
XP is an upgrade option for 281x, 282x and 283x broadband optical wafer defect inspectors that uses standard IC design layout information (GDS format) to improve the capture of yield-relevant defects during inspection. In addition, several tools in the XP package reduce the time required for defect inspection recipe setup and improve recipe quality, providing increased tool capacity, better sensitivity and faster time to results.
Lithography: The 283x Series inspection tools use PowerBroadband and Broadband Directional E-Field to produce the high sensitivity and layer-penetration control required to detect critical pattern defects for after-develop inspection (ADI) and photo-cell monitoring (PCM) applications. The XP option package provides improved process window qualification (PWQ) performance, helping engineers to quickly identify sources of systematic yield loss throughout the lithography process module.
Etch: Used in critical etch line monitoring applications, the 283x Series broadband optical inspection tools with PowerBroadband and Broadband Directional E-Field capture micro-bridges, nano-bridges, bottom bridges, protrusions, and other yield-limiting etch defect types.
CMP: PowerBroadband and Broadband Directional E-Field improve top-layer discrimination on CMP layers for increased capture of voids and other critical CMP defects, enabling engineers to quickly find and fix yield-loss sources in the process module.
282x Series: Provides high sensitivity at high production throughputs for ≤32nm logic and memory devices.
281x Series: High sensitivity production solution for ≤55nm memory devices and ≤45nm logic devices.
- A New Decision Paradigm for Comparing Patterned Wafer Inspectors
- Defect Monitoring on Memory Devices Using Broadband Brightfield Inspection
- Using Design Based Binning to Improve Defect Excursion Control for 45nm Production
- Defect Criticality Index (DCI): A New Methodology to Improve DOI Sampling Rate
- Advantages of Broadband Illumination for Critical Defect Capture at the 65nm Node and Below
- Broadband Brightfield Inspection Enables Advanced Immersion Lithography Defect Detection
The TeraStar reticle inspection system provides photomask and IC manufacturers with powerful technological and productivity features that enable maximum yields from today’s complex low-k1 reticles. Using triple-beam inspection with synchronous STARlight™ and pattern inspection algorithms, the TeraStar reticle inspection system provides three times the scan speed of previous generation inspection systems. Revolutionary Tera algorithms remove current barriers on linewidth, advanced optical proximity correction (OPC), and phase shift mask (PSM) geometries. TeraStar's low false defect rate and high-speed inspection deliver substantially lower reticle verification costs. Its high throughput and sensitivity make TeraStar ideal for pre-and post-pelliclization inspection in photomask manufacturing operations, as well as for incoming quality control and reticle re-qualification in wafer fabs. Optional defect simulation software assists mask shops and wafer fabs in analyzing how reticle defects print on wafers.
- High sensitivity to pattern and contamination defects on the chrome surface of the reticle
- High resolution to inspect advanced optical proximity correction (OPC) and phase shift mask (PSM) reticles
- Three times or more the productivity of previous generation systems
- Inspection of the pellicle surface and backside of reticles for new particles added
- Low cost of ownership (CoO) and best protection in a low-k1 environment
- Superior review images, improved resolution, and better defect review tools
- Low false defect counts shorten time to review defects and minimize operator error
- Provides both die-to-die and die-to-database inspection
- Provides concurrent multiple-inspection capability
- Enables detection and disposition of very small energy flux variations on the reticle
- Maintains high productivity inspection with low false and nuisance defects on most PSM designs
The SpectraCD-XTR optical CD/profile metrology system delivers improved precision accuracy, and tool-to-tool matching at the highest throughput and lowest cost-of-ownership (CoO) available. Evolved from the industry-leading, fourth-generation SpectraCD-XT system, the SpectraCD-XTR optical CD and profile metrology system uses patented spectroscopic ellipsometry (SE) technology to give chipmakers the ability to reliably predict performance and yield of complex devices in production and to identify potential yield and performance issues for next-generation products in development.
- Industry-leading throughput is twice that of traditional CD-SEMs and significantly higher than that of other optical CD systems
- Improved precision and accuracy over the SpectraCD-XT optical CD system and full profile metrology capability enable next-generation IC product development
- Highest throughput and best tool-to-tool matching are designed to meet the production needs of high-volume logic, memory, and foundry fabs
- SpectraCD-XT optical CD and profile metrology tools can be upgraded in the field to XTR capability, as a means of protecting and extending a fab’s capital investment
Production CD line monitoring: Measures production wafers (post-lithography and -etch) to enable accurate CD control. The SpectraCD-XTR optical CD and profile metrology system provides much lower CoO than that of traditional CD-SEM metrology while giving information about profile shape that CD-SEM cannot.
KLA-Tencor’s eDR-52xx wafer defect review systems capture high resolution images of wafer defects detected by inspection tools. These images enable defect classification, helping chipmakers to identify systematic defect sources and resolve yield issues. The latest addition to the eDR-52xx series, the eDR-5210S e-beam wafer defect review system, introduces reticle defect review (RDR) and critical point inspection (CPI) modes, furthering the platform’s ability to identify systematic defects from various sources. The eDR-5210S also features improvements to its automated bare wafer (ABW) defect review mode. Upgradeable in the field from the eDR-5210, the new eDR-5210S is also available as a new defect review system.
The eDR-5210S includes several advances designed to boost yield and decrease cycle time:
- New one-step, fully automated reticle-to-wafer coordinate transform accelerates and simplifies review of reticle-induced defects on the wafer
- Superb stage accuracy enables direct drive to defect location using small field of view, thereby reducing the time to review by 2x or more
- Best resolution imaging coupled with direct drive ensures re-detection of smallest critical defects found by most advanced wafer inspectors
- Unique access to proprietary data from TeraFab reticle inspection systems further boosts speed and increases accuracy of reticle-induced wafer defect identification
- High speed of RDR mode makes it practical to assess printability of reticle defects across the process window
- CPI can monitor known hot spots—locations where the chip design is less robust to process variation
- Enhancements to industry-leading ABW mode further increase its ability to re-detect bare wafer defects
- Unique connectivity to KLA-Tencor broadband wafer inspection systems accelerates inspection recipe optimization and accuracy, aids in nuisance-defect suppression to enhance defect classification accuracy, and facilitates process window qualification (PWQ)
Defect Imaging: The smallest yield-relevant defects are beyond the resolution limits of optical microscopy; therefore electron-beam imaging is essential to capturing an image detailed enough for defect classification. Effective image capture on the e-beam review tool begins with reliable and efficient re-detection of the defect. The eDR-5210S features proprietary algorithms and industry-leading stage-accuracy that increase defect re-detection rate. The defect review tool’s exceptional image quality is built upon second-generation immersion column technology, an innovative collector configuration, and simultaneous top-down and topographic imaging. The eDR-5210S delivers the resolution and flexibility required to image a broad range of defects on a broad range of layers, for all types of advanced devices.
Defect Classification: Accurate defect classification is essential to determining the source of the defect and addressing the issue. Classification algorithms based on the e-beam image benefit from supplemental information about the defect such as elemental analysis, the corresponding optical image from the inspection tool, and the defect’s design context. The eDR-5210S features easy-to-use, production-worthy classification technology designed to result in an actionable defect Pareto.
Lithography Qualification: The eDR-5210S can help map and monitor the process window in the lithography module, through full support of process window qualification (PWQ), focus-exposure matrix (FEM) and other standard techniques.
Inspector Recipe Optimization: Design-aware capability and the seamless connectivity between the eDR-5210S and KLA-Tencor optical inspectors reduces recipe setup time by ~50%; produces higher quality inspection recipes and results; and enables improved productivity.
Wafer dispositioning after reticle defect is found: Innovative RDR mode allows significantly simplified, accelerated review of potential reticle-induced defect sites. A statistically significant number of die can be visited, which allows more accurate wafer dispositioning.
Incoming reticle quality inspection: The simplicity and speed of RDR mode facilitate the ability to check printability of reticle defects across the process window.
Bare wafer OQC / IQC: High resolution review images and energy-dispersive x-ray (EDX) capability facilitate defect sourcing during development and monitoring during production for wafer manufacturers—and ensure incoming wafer quality at IC fabs.
- 2800 Series
- 28xx Series
- 300 UV Series
- AIT XP
- AIT XUV™
- Archer 10
- Archer 100
- Archer 10XT
- Archer 200
- Archer 300 LCM
- Archer AIM
- Archer AIM+
- Archer XT+
- eDR-52xx Series
- Puma 9000 Series
- Puma 91xx Series
- SpectraCD 100
- SpectraFx 100
- Starlight™ SL3 URSA Series
- Starlight™ SL3 UV Series
- Surfscan 6420
- Surfscan SP1
- Surfscan SP1 DLS
- Surfscan SP1 TBI
- Surfscan SP2
- Surfscan SP2 XP
- Ultra Gage 9500
- Ultra Gage 9700
- Ultra Gage 9900
- Ultra Scan 9600
- Ultra Scan 9800
- Upgrades-3xx and Starlight™ 3xx
- WaferCheck 7200