ICOS WI-2280 Series
The ICOS WI-2280 is the next-generation light-emitting diode (LED) patterned wafer inspection tool. Designed specifically for defect inspection and 2D metrology for LED applications, the ICOS WI-2280 also provides enhanced inspection capabilities and increased flexibility for microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and semiconductor wafers spanning 2 to 8 inches in size.
The ICOS WI-2280 represents KLA-Tencor’s fourth generation LED wafer inspection system that is built on its market-leading WI-22xx platform, delivering sensitivity with increased throughput for reduced cost of ownership. Additionally, the tool supports handling of whole wafers in carriers and diced wafers in hoop ring or film frame carriers to accommodate multiple media with minimal equipment changeover time. The WI-2280 also features an enhanced rule-based binning defect classification and recipe qualification engine, enabling manufacturers to achieve faster yield learning during production ramps, as well as improve process control and process tool monitoring strategies in their manufacturing process.
- Highly flexible advanced optical modes with dedicated image processing—enabling high defect capture rate and recipe robustness against varying process background
- Unique defect classification—delivering faster time to information
- Advanced recipe tuning engine with best known methods—allowing faster recipe qualification
- Enhanced metrology capability—offering additional yield-relevant actionable data with no impact to throughput
- Front-end to back-end-of-line connectivity analysis capability—delivering a single platform for defect source analysis
- Easy-to-use inline or offline reclassification engine—enabling post-inspection yield improvements for enhanced productivity
- Back-end-of-line and post-dicing outgoing quality control or binning
- Front-end-of-line patterned wafer inspection for baseline yield improvement, rework, excursion control or overlay
- 2D surface inspection and metrology