|SpectraShape 9000||AcuShape||SpectraShape 8000 Series|
The SpectraShapeTM 9000 optical critical dimension measurement system is used to fully characterize and monitor the critical dimensions (CD) and three dimensional shapes of finFETs, vertically stacked NANDs and other complex features on integrated circuits at the 20nm design node and beyond. Using a diverse array of optical measurement technologies, a new higher intensity light source, and patented algorithms, the SpectraShape optical CD and shape measurement system provides feedback on critical device parameters for a broad range of applications across the IC fab, from the early layers of leading-edge transistors to the last interconnect layers.
- Several optical measurement technologies enable measurement of critical dimension for complex device structures, including:
- Patented spectroscopic ellipsometer (SE) with broadband light
- Polarized, enhanced ultra-violet reflectometer (eUVR)
- Multi-azimuth scatterometry
- Patented multi-channel scatterometry
- New laser driven light source has higher intensity and lower noise, enabling higher sensitivity and improved stability on a broad range of materials and structures
- Superior repeatability, reproducibility, matching and reliability enable characterization of small process variations that affect device performance
- Target-based, non-destructive optical measurements provide 3D profile information without costly wafer cross-sections
- New, smaller box size supports multi-patterning lithography and smaller scribelanes
- Reduced optical critical dimension measurement time compared to previous generation SpectraShape 8xxx systems produces a high-throughput production solution for optical CD and shape measurements
- AcuShape 2 software package accelerates the process of building robust usable 3D shape models
- Reliable, extendible architecture protects a fab’s capital investment
AcuShape 2 is the advanced modeling software system that interprets the signals from the SpectraShape optical critical dimension measurement systems. AcuShape 2 accelerates the process of building robust, usable 3D shape models. It includes a flexible user interface that enables model building by fab engineers with or without assistance from outside experts. Additional AcuShape 2 features, such as Model Optimizer which automates the modeling process, help accelerate time to a reliable solution.
Gate Monitor: Advanced gate processes, such as high k metal gate technologies, finFETs, and high aspect ratios in vertically stacked NANDs and flash devices feature more complex device structures and require control of a greater number of measurement parameters. The SpectraShape optical CD and shape measurement systems produce a detailed description of the shape of gate structures and identify any deviations beyond allowed tolerances. The SpectraShape optical CD measurement systems measure parameters (e.g. critical dimension, metal gate recess, high k recess, side wall angle, resist height, hard mask height, pitch walking) critical to understanding and controlling the gate process before and after etch.
BEOL Dual Damascene: For back end of line dual damascene processes, small modulations in parameters, such as the bottom diameter of dual-damascene contacts, can seriously impact device yield or reliability. The SpectraShape optical CD and shape measurement systems are used to obtain a comprehensive understanding of trench and contact profiles, providing engineers with a high productivity solution for identifying and monitoring process excursions.
|SpectraShape 8810/8660: Optical CD measurement and shape measurement systems enabling process monitoring of key structural parameters for IC devices at the 32nm and below design node.