Overlay Metrology Systems
|Archer 500 LCM||Archer 500||Archer 300 LCM|
The ArcherTM 500LCM is a high performance optical overlay metrology system that serves as an independent source of overlay metrology data for advanced patterning processes at the 1Xnm design nodes. Offering both imaging and laser-based scatterometry measurement technologies, the Archer 500LCM provides flexible overlay control for all process layers in leading-edge development and high volume production. The Archer 500LCM optical overlay metrology system supports a diverse range of overlay measurement target designs, including in-die, small ditch and multi-layer, enabling accurate overlay error measurement for different process layers, device types, design nodes and patterning technologies.
- New scatterometry-based measurement module uses a unique laser-based light source enabling:
- Tight precision
- Use of small targets, including in-die targets that drive higher sampling
- A large target pitch range that ensure design rule / process compatibility
- Production-proven imaging-based measurement module includes multiple innovations that support overlay measurement on advanced IC devices, including:
- Multi-layer targets for measuring all possible combinations of layer-to-layer and within-layer overlay data from the same target image
- Qmerit for helping engineers select the right target and measurement recipe, and for identification of production process issues
- Archer Self Calibration (ASC) for calculation of calibrated overlay without additional measurement time to account for target inaccuracies
- Device Correlated Metrology (DCM) for calibration of production measurement to account for differences in device and target overlay values
- Multiple illumination options for both the imaging module and the scatterometry module enable overlay measurement capability on a wide range of lithography layers, including challenging thin resist stacks and opaque hard masks
- Seamless integration with K-T Analyzer®, an advanced data analysis system, provides immediate feedback on the quality of the lithography process and real-time data for scanner corrections
- Connectivity with Recipe Database Manager (RDM), a centralized database of production-proven recipe components, improves fab productivity by reducing setup time and increasing the reliability of measurement recipes
- A shared user interface with previous-generation Archer models reduces operator training time, enabling fast production integration
- Extendible platform protects a fab’s capital investment
- A key component in KLA-Tencor’s 5D™ patterning control solution that drives optimal patterning through the characterization, optimization and monitoring of fab-side processes
Multi-Patterning Technologies: The implementation of complex multi-patterning technologies reduces the tolerable overlay error to just a few nanometers at the 1Xnm design nodes. The Archer 500LCM’s overlay measurement capability provides the TMU and accuracy needed to assess overlay performance on multi-patterning layers. Using the innovative multi-layer target, numerous combinations of layer-to-layer and intra-layer overlay data can be obtained from the same target image, requiring less measurement time and less die real estate than standard overlay targets.
In-line Monitoring: For high volume manufacturing, the Archer 500LCM’s fast measurement speed and high precision enable quick identification of wafers with overlay error exceeding the required specifications. In addition, with both imaging- and scatterometry-based measurement technologies and diverse target designs, the Archer 500LCM optical overlay metrology system enables overlay measurements on a wide range of device types and process layers associated with 1Xnm device integration schemes. The overlay error data collected during production is seamlessly integrated with the K-T Analyzer analysis system to help lithographers accurately disposition wafers, reduce unnecessary wafer rework, and minimize the cycle time required to address variations in lithography tool performance.
Scanner Qualification: The Archer 500LCM optical overlay metrology system provides the high performance overlay measurement capability required to qualify scanners to improve patterning accuracy on advanced design node devices. With fast measurement speed and the use of small in-die targets, the Archer 500LCM overlay metrology system can take more measurements across the wafer, generating the data required to instruct the scanner to make complex, higher-order corrections. These higher-order corrections are required to manage the tighter overlay tolerances encountered at advanced design nodes.
Archer 300 LCM: Dual imaging- and scatterometry-based measurement modules provide high performance and cost-effective characterization of overlay error on lithography process layers for 2Xnm patterning technologies.
For other overlay and litho CD metrology systems, please see K-T Certified.