The Aleris Family of film metrology tools provides reliable and precise measurement of film thickness, refractive index, stress, and composition for the 32nm node and beyond. Utilizing Broadband Spectroscopic Ellipsometry (BBSE) technology, the Aleris systems form a comprehensive film thickness measurements and metrology solution, helping fabs to qualify and monitor a broad range of film layers including ARC film thickness.
- Patented Broadband Spectroscopic Ellipsometry produces the precision, stability and matching performance required for films monitoring and thickness measurements
- Recipe sharing among different Aleris models facilitates a flexible process control strategy within the fab that covers both high-end and low-end film applications
- Recipe Database Management (RDM) allows engineers to easily create and manage recipes remotely for a fleet for more efficient operations
- Optional StressMapper provides advanced film stress measurement capability, helping chipmakers identify process issues that can lead to cracked or delaminated films or cause overlay errors
- Reliable, extendible architecture protects fabs’ capital investments
The Aleris 8330 film metrology tool is a low cost-of-ownership solution for film thickness measurements, refractive index and stress of non-critical films, including inter-metal dielectrics, photoresists, bottom anti-reflective coatings, thick oxides and nitrides, and back end of line layers. With a 1.85x throughput increase compared to the previous generation ASET-F5x, the Aleris 8330 film thickness measurement tool provides high-throughput, reliable film measurement capability for fast identification and resolution of process issues in production.
The Aleris 8350 is a high-performance film metrology tool that meets the tighter process tolerances required for thickness, refractive index and stress measurements on critical films. The Aleris 8350 film thickness measurement tool is used for advanced film development, characterization and process control for a wide range of critical films, including ultra-thin diffusion layers, ultra-thin gate oxides, advanced photoresists, 193nm ARC layers, ultra-thin multi-layer stacks, and CVD layers.
The Aleris 8510 extends the Aleris Family’s film thickness measurements, composition, and stress measurement capability to advanced high-k metal gate (HKMG) and ultra-thin decoupled plasma nitridation (DPN) process layers. Utilizing enhanced 150nm Broadband Spectroscopic Ellipsometry technology and offering improved stability, matching and throughput relative to the Aleris 8500, the Aleris 8510 film thickness measurement tool provides engineers with the film metrology data required for development and inline monitoring of DPN layers and all HKMG layers – from gate through poly, including Hf and N dose and film thickness measurements.
Aleris 8350 Product Overview