|Puma 9850 Series||Puma 9650 Series||Puma 9500 Series||XP Offline|
The PumaTM 9850 laser scanning patterned wafer defect inspection system incorporates multiple sensitivity and speed enhancements that enable capture of critical defects of interest (DOI) at production throughputs for 2X/1Xnm FinFET and advanced memory devices. Part of a portfolio of advanced wafer defect inspection and review tools that accelerate the development and production ramp of leading-edge devices, the Puma 9850 laser scanning inspector provides the sensitivity-at-throughput required for cost-effective control of critical yield excursions across a broad range of applications.
- Multiple optical improvements produce significantly improved sensitivity to challenging defect types, enabling the use of the Puma 9850 for high-end inspection applications such as photo cell monitoring, after-develop inspection or front-end-of-line line-space etch
- New line formation cylinder produces 1.5x better resolution
- Additional illumination optics improvements deliver a 2x increase in light level
- New sensors provide improved quantum efficiency
- New Variable Analyzer offers flexibility for suppressing nuisance and maximizing the signal-to-noise ratio for critical defects across a range of process layers
- Multiple platform enhancements, including a new stage and higher data rate sensors, deliver increased throughput compared to the Puma 9650, enabling higher sampling for tighter process control
- A new, smaller pixel provides increased detection of tiny defects of interest on advanced design rule devices
- New stage provides improved defect coordinate accuracy for faster and more efficient review and classification of defects on the wafer
- Production-proven Puma platform and extendibility to future design nodes protect a fab’s capital investment
- Shared user interface with other KLA-Tencor inspectors and review tools optimize inspector capacity and reduce production integration time
XP Offline is an upgrade option for the Puma 9850, Puma 9650 and Puma 9500 Series laser scanning inspectors. The Offline Setup feature allows engineers to create recipes offline for increased tool productivity. In addition, the Recipe Distribution System and Recipe Comparator features reduce the time required for defect inspection recipe setup and improve recipe quality. XP Offline also allows users to create detailed care areas from standard IC design layout information (GDS format) to improve the capture of yield-relevant defects during inspection and provide more accurate binning of defects based on design region.
Etch: The Puma 9850’s new optical technologies enable the capture of yield-limiting etch defects such as bridges and protrusions. The Puma 9850 finds these critical etch defects on both logic and memory devices, with significantly improved detection compared to previous-generation Puma inspection systems. By capturing yield-relevant etch DOI in all die regions at production throughputs, the Puma 9850 serves as a high productivity solution for identifying and monitoring etch process excursions.
CMP: The Puma 9850 captures micro-scratches, slurry residue, corrosion and other CMP defects at high throughput, helping engineers quickly identify process issues in the CMP process module.
Lithography: The Puma 9850 laser scanning inspector complements higher sensitivity broadband plasma inspections by providing a high productivity option for lithography applications, including after-develop inspection (ADI), photo-cell monitoring (PCM) and process wafer qualification (PWQ). Surface selectivity is achieved with unique optical modes and an innovative product architecture, enabling the Puma 9850 to capture critical lithography DOI at high throughput.
Films: The Puma 9850’s improved throughput at higher sensitivity enables the most cost-effective laser scanning inspection for films monitoring applications. Improved optics provide the resolution required for detection of very small particles, while Variable Analyzer, new algorithms and additional noise suppression technologies produce the surface selectivity required for defect capture on all films layers.
|Puma 9650 Series: Provides high performance excursion monitoring in all die regions for ≤28nm memory and logic devices.
Puma 9500 Series: Provides high performance excursion monitoring for ≤32nm memory and logic devices.
For other laser scanning patterned wafer defect inspection systems please see K-T Certified.
- Design Data Improves Narrowband Inspection Results
- Comparing Patterned Wafer Inspectors: WATIP
- Advanced Darkfield Inspection
- Advanced Excursion Control and Diagnostics for CMP Process Monitoring
- Immersion and dry lithography monitoring for flash memories using a darkfield imaging inspector
- Optimizing Feedback Time using High-Throughput Darkfield Imaging (English)
- Optimizing Feedback Time using High-Throughput Darkfield Imaging (Traditional Chinese)
- Metal Line Sidewall Void Monitoring using Darkfield Imaging Inspector (Traditional Chinese)
- A New Decision Paradigm For Comparing Patterned Wafer Inspectors
- The Winning Streak: Advanced Darkfield Inspection for 65nm Design Rules and Below